It has recently been reported that Ghana now has the second highest mobile internet penetration in West Africa. According to a new report on Ghana’s mobile-enabled digital transformation, nearly half of the population can browse the internet via mobile devices. 67 per cent of Ghanaians are connected online by mobile phones according to the Ghanaian Times story. I will like to stick my neck out there and say over 70% of mobile internet users use WhatsApp. This is one of the most common means of communicating with family and friends for most Smartphone users in Ghana. WhatsApp also plays a crucial role in business transactions as more and more businesses are employing the various functionalities of the app to communicate with their customers and prospects.
in February 2014, Jan Koum, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of WhatsApp, commended Ghanaians for their innovative approach to using the mobile application at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Citing how useful the application has been to subscribers worldwide, Koum singled out Ghana as a country that is using the product in a way he and his co-founder — never imagined when they created the application.
This week, I share 3 ways we can achieve much more with our WhatsApp presence.
SCHEDULING MESSAGES ON WHATSAPP
There are some messages which need to be timed before they are sent. Sometimes a message may need to be sent but your attention may be taken up by other tasks so you may forget in the end. Sometimes it is too early or too late in the day – as often happens when you suddenly remember to do something in the wee hours of the morning.
I want to share an app that will help you to schedule those very important messages on WhatsApp!
SQEDit Scheduling App: Schedule WhatsApp
SQEDit is a free and easy-to-use scheduling app that lets you schedule SMS, send emails later, schedule Facebook posts, schedule WhatsApp messages, and set call reminders. This top-rated Android scheduling app acts like your personal virtual assistant. Effortlessly handle all your communication, in one simple place with this free 5-in-1 WhatsApp scheduler, SMS scheduler, Facebook Post scheduler, Call scheduler, and Email scheduler.
+ Save Time: Schedule posts, SMS, and emails to be sent later automatically. Save countless hours lost in tedious back-and-forth messaging each day.
+ Eliminate Stress: Streamline all your communication so it runs smoothly. Calmly breeze through your day not worrying about sending message reminders or last-minute phone calls.
+ Stay Organized: Structure, schedule & plan all your communication down to a T. No more drowning in an ocean of unwelcomed phone calls, emails, and messages.
+ Boost Productivity: All your communication needs handled. Tackle your top priorities with laser-like focus with a fully-free WhatsApp, post, and SMS scheduler.
+ Automate Your Communication: Swift, automated communication makes everything fall into place like clockwork. Relax as your sail through your day, having already planned it yesterday.
+ Set Reminders: Schedule WhatsApp messages, automatic emails, and call reminders to be sent to yourself. Enjoy effortlessly staying in-sync with your plans through the power of automated reminders.
How it works – 5 easy steps
 Quickly Register: Simply fill in contact info, or use One-Touch Facebook register, for a rapid download & install.
 Choose Communication Service: Select communication method you’d like to automate: Call, SMS, Email, Facebook, WhatsApp.
 Write Content: Jot down your message or content you’d like to have automatically sent.
 Schedule Date & Time: Set exact time & date for your message, content or call. Sit back & relax while SQEDit handles the rest.
 Receive Reminders: Choose to get a reminder just before your message to manually send. Perfect for last minute changes or cancellations.
Here are some scenarios for using the app:
– If you need help remembering birthdays and special events of loved ones
– If you are busy with other activities but still need to communicate – schedule automatic emails to be sent to business partners when you know you’ll be caught in long meetings
– If you always need to remind others – use the scheduler to remind your team about important meet-ups, deadlines or set call reminders to stay in touch.
– If you are a Blogger using many different communication channels with fans
– If you are a Businessman travelling many different time zones – schedule WhatsApp messages or automatic emails out to your team before you travel
– If you are a Marketer needing to send your message when it’s most likely to be read – schedule posts on Facebook to be shared when your target market is most active
– When you will be driving and want to avoid texting/calling, but still needing to communicate – schedule SMS for when you know you’ll be driving so you’re not constantly glancing at your phone and putting yourself in danger on the road
– If you are a Management consultant needing to send emails later at a very late / early hour – send emails later just when you know clients are most likely to be free, so you get their full attention
CONTACTING SOMEONE WITHOUT HAVING THEM IN YOUR CONTACTS
One advantage SMS has over WhatsApp (with all the bells and whistles) is the ability to send messages without adding the contact number. You may sometimes need to send a quick message to someone on WhatsApp who is not in your contacts.
Click2Chat WhatsApp is absolutely free and works without internet as well.
Click2Chat allows you to translate, send and schedule WhatsApp message to any number without saving them. It also translates your message to 63 global languages. You can fetch numbers from your call logs as well.
– The interface is easy to use.
– One click send option.
– You can select numbers form your call logs.
– You can preview, share and download other people’s status
– You can also schedule messages to send later with this app.
Adding People to Groups Without Saving Contact
You do not need to add a person to your contacts before you add them to a group. Just go to the group information page and tap on Add participant.
There is another app called Open In WhatsApp which is supposed to help you chat with WhatsApp numbers which are not saved in your contacts. I have not tried this app yet.
USING TWO WHATSAPP NUMBERS ON 1 PHONE
Do you need to use two sims in one phone but wish you could have WhatsApp running on both? Parallel Space is an app which lets you clone and run multiple accounts of the same app simultaneously, and use themes to style your unique space.
As one of the top-ranked tools on Android, Parallel Space helps more than 90 million users log on multiple accounts at the same time on one device and highlight their own style. It also protects user privacy by making apps invisible on device with the Incognito Installation feature. Moreover, users are able to customize themes of their cloned apps and the themes of Parallel Space to style their own space. Parallel Space supports 24 languages, and be compatible with most Android apps. Get Parallel Space immediately to manage multiple accounts, protect privacy, and customize your own space.
★ Log in to multiple accounts of social networking apps or game apps at the same time on one device
• Balance between users’ life and work easily.
• Double users’ online gaming experience and have more fun.
• Almost all apps are supported for a second account in Parallel Space. Data from both accounts won’t interfere with each other.
★ Protect user privacy, make apps invisible on device through Incognito Installation
• Hide users’ secret apps without worrying about prying eyes by keeping apps only in secret space.
• Protect user privacy with a security lock.
★ Create a customized space by applying themes
• A theme store is integrated into Parallel Space and a list of customized themes are ready for users to apply to style your own space.
• To style a unique space by a customized theme. The user can switch fast the different themes by one-tap with their moods.
★ Switch fast between accounts with just one-tap
• Run two accounts simultaneously and switch between them fast with one-tap to effective manage different accounts.
I believe that technology should be useful to the user. I hope these tools will enhance the usefulness of WhatsApp for you. I will love to get feedback on these applications and any other ones you use along with WhatsApp.
Have a fruitful week!