We began exploring ways in which Pinterest could make us more productive last week. We saw how we could use Pinterest for bookmarking and for research. If you missed the article kindly click here to read it.
This week we explore how we can use Pinterest for collaboration and inspiration!
Pinterest as a Collaboration tool:
Pinterest can be a tool for collaborating and sharing. Invite team members to your board so that they can also add their ideas to boards. You can invite people to both public and private boards. Use such boards for planning and brainstorming with your team/customer(s). You can also send ideas to your customers and prospects via Pinterest or share Pins, boards, or profiles to external platforms like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and even text messages.
Go to the board you want to edit or create a new board by clicking Add >
Add a Board up at the top toolbar on Pinterest.
On the board’s settings menu, select “Me + Contributors.”
You must follow at least one board belonging to a user in order to add him/her as a contributor.
Pinterest as a Virtual Inspiration Board
Back in the day, we used vision boards for inspiration. We would cut out pictures from magazines and glue on a piece of cardboard as a tool to help clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goals. Pinterest can be your virtual inspiration board. You can create boards for your goals and aspirations. The Pinterest “tried it” allows you to keep track of all the ideas you have tried. What’s more “you can even add feedback, notes and photos to help others decide if they should give it a go too.”
I have seen a Huffington Post article based on an academic study (by Hiroshima University) in 2012. The study claimed “viewing cute things improves subsequent performance in tasks that require behavioral carefulness, possibly by narrowing the breadth of attentional focus “. It stated further that charming images “induce careful behavioral tendencies in the users, which is beneficial in specific situations, such as driving and office work “. According to the study participants who looked at the pictures of cute animals, increased their performance in concentration tasks by 44%!
How do the pictures below make you feel?
Pinterest also has a feature called tried where you can share the pins you have tried and give feedback on the results including images of your results. This can help you keep track of your accomplishments on Pinterest. This may help you to achieve goals you set on Pinterest.
How to turn your Pinterest Boards into PDF
There may be times where you will need to access your Pinterest boards offline or even print them out. Let me share two ways you can do this.
- Find the board you would like to print out
- Press “Control P” or use the print in the browser toolbar
- At the options/destinations in the print dialogue box change to save PDF
- Name the file and save the PDF on your computer
There is a content curation platform called Clipzine.me which can also help you turn your boards into PDF. What you need to do is:
- Create a free account at Clipzine.me
- Add the Clipzine.me bookmarklet to your browser tool bar
- Open the Pinterest board you want to curate as a PDF or JPEG
- Click the Clipzine.me bookmarklet tool and you will then have the opportunity to select multiple pins from your Pinterest board
- You can reorganize the content of your curated pages including identifying which page is to be the cover of your PDF or JPEG
- Edit and style the content including setting the style of your fonts
- You can then download the Clipzine you have curated from your Pinterest board images as a JPEG or PDF file – the PDF will have a live link back to your Pinterest board
Pinterest is an interesting platform which can help you do more if properly harnessed. Bookmark your visuals and links to things you care about and Pinterest will help you to organize, reference, compare, or share with other people.
If you have any questions or comments on using Pinterest for productivity send me a message on WhatsApp and any of my other Social Media accounts. I will love to help you and get feedback about this article. Have a super-productive week!